Monday, January 14, 2013

Creating Crochet Heart Patterns

There's a lot of Heart crochet patterns online that I tried.  As many of you know the HEART is my favorite shape.  I've been crocheting hearts lately but was looking for a bit of a variety.  Since I'm far from being able to create my own pattern I decided to use a grid method that's typically used for knitting and crochet.  So I went to my handy dandy excel sheet and created a few hearts using the grid.  I then crochet one stitch of choice for each box on the grid.  I tried it and it worked! :) I've seen people and tutorials out there that start the upper half of the heart by doing the 2 semi circles and then attaching to it the bottom of the heart which is the triangle.  To me that was just too much attachments so to speak so I decided to crochet the heart from the bottom up and work the first semi circle then the second semi circle by attaching a new piece of yarn.  I've also Crocheted a heart using the grid sideways and it turned out great and looked like a knit since the lines where going up and down.  Crocheting from one side to the other meant that I only need to use on piece of yarn throughout the pattern which I liked.  Now the possibilities are limitless since I can crochet many different patterns using this method. Doves perhaps? Let's see what I come up with!

I'll be photographing my hearts soon but for now here's a screen shot of my excel spreadsheet.


I actually have graph paper on hand too so I can doodle until I come up with something that's created all by myself! :) That makes me happy!

Do you use this method? Let me know if this was helpful and please share your thoughts.

xoxo,
May

2 comments:

  1. it;s a great method ..many shapes can be done so easily
    nice work may

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Remaz! Yeah I'm looking forward to trying new shapes and finishing up my hearts :)

      Delete