Sunday, October 7, 2012

Painted French Chair

Good morning!
So the other day I finally found a chair that I've been looking for.  It's been a while since my desk makeover and I really wanted a small scale chair to fit underneath it.  I was at a thrift store last week and spotted exactly the beauty I've been waiting for.  I painted it with Annie Sloan paint in Old White to match the desk then I added dark wax and gold paint.  I love how it turned out!

This is the chair before it was brought back to life (cell phone picture):


It wasn't actually an easy project because of all the details and the nooks and crannies so here it is in transformation (another cell phone picture).


Here's this beauty all done and ready for a photo shoot!








I love how the dark wax and the gold paint bring out the details and the personality of this chair.  I covered the seat in a bright red velvet that's so soft and beautiful.

I'm actually thinking of re-re-doing the side tables that I posted about the other day.  I kind of like this more elegant look. I know it's crazy but I have to sand them down again and get started on this more sophisticated look.

What do you think of this transformation? What would you have done differently? Any tips or advice for painting furniture? Would love to hear all that you got to say.

Have a great day!
Mayuya.

No comments:

Post a Comment