Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Yummy! Halal! and Gummy!

I know I've been away from blogging for a long time but life has been so busy and hectic.  I'm trying to get things under control before this baby arrives! A lot has been going on though and I just recently celebrated my 2nd wedding anniversary (July 18th) and went on a dinner cruise and had a lot of fun. I also went to NJ to visit family before that and went to the beach and had a lot of fun there too, my little "monsterette" was so afraid of the water and sand though.  I took lots of pictures and just need to find the time to upload and share them. 
Anyway, lets get to the point of this post which is actually really exciting for me.  So recently I was out with my husband and he spotted some gummy colas that were gelatin free or at least that's what he thought.  I got excited and was about to eat them until I read the infamous word "GELATIN" on it.  I pointed it out and he was just as disappointed as I was.  Most of the gelatin products on the market come from pork and being Muslim that means we can't enjoy and savor these gummy treats.  Anyway, I went online and searched for some halal products but couldn't find anything worth ordering.  Then I finally decided to checkout the Haribo website since I see their products all the time and everywhere.  Of course I was disappointed to find out from there website that the source of their gelatin is pork.  There was a light at the end of the tunnel though, they specifically mentioned that all of there products that are made in their Turkish facilities are from a 100% certified halal beef gelatin. YAY! I thought to myself!You couldn't order products from specific countries though, you just had to go ahead and order the product and then find out where it was made.  I wasn't going to risk ordering anything.  So from then on every time I'd see a Haribo product I'd flip it over and look at where it was made and yesterday i finally found 3 pounds of gummy bears that were guess what? yes! made in Turkey.  I happily grabbed them and am about to empty them in a pretty jar and place on my dining room table so that I can visually enjoy them as well as eat them all up!

Photo Credit: Haribo Website


Hope this post makes you happy as much as it made me! :)Sleep Tight and don't let the gummy bears bite!

No comments:

Post a Comment